New this season…
• Due to Easter being on Sunday, April 1st, we have decided to have our Half-Price day on Good Friday, March 30th. Saturday, March 31st, will be a promotional “Consignor & Special Guests Only” sale from 10am to 2pm called DUCK DASH. Go to our Consignor Incentives page for more info. If you want to shop the deals during DUCK DASH, make sure and consign. Go register today!
• We have new incentives to Consign and Work this upcoming event. Check them out on their perspective pages – Consignor Incentives and Workers.
• We will no longer be accepting VHS tapes.
• NOTE for TEENS and parents of TEENS bringing TEEN ITEMS…
We are trying to create a better shopping experience in our evergrowing, always abundant Teen section. To aide in this effort, we will be increasing our quality control efforts this season.
During drop-off, there will be a separate quality control station in the teen section dedicated to all teen items.
We are specifically looking for TOP teen brands that are in excellent condition and would trend well with today’s fashion-forward teenager. A list has been compiled of leading teen brands (this is meant to be used as a guide).
SOME OF OUR TOP TEEN BRANDS:
|Abercrombie & Fitch
The North Face
Please understand we will NOT be accepting Men and Women’s clothing. Our racks are overflowing… we only want quality items that are In-season and in today’s current style.
Please CHECK THE LIST of items we will NOT be accepting. These items are listed but not limited to the following brands:
J G Hook
Please watch for more to be added
Any unaccepable item can be removed from the sales floor at our discretion. Please bring only your very best. Thank you for all your efforts in helping us make Duck-Duck-Goose better for everyone!
Because of Easter, we’ve decided our last day for public shopping and our Half-Price day will be all day from 10am – 8pm on Good Friday, March 30th.
Come join us for the great deals!
Tagged items WITHOUT a RED DOT are HALF-OFF.
No Dot, Save Alot!!!
We accept Cash. MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
If you’re a High School student and/or part of an organization that needs community service hours, WE CAN HELP. We can help you while you are helping us. We will be glad to work with you and/or your organization this upcoming event. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
We are EXCITED to announce
a NEW promotion
that we’ve had in our Waynesville and TriCities’ events…
It’s our ALL NEW
This is ONLY OPEN to those who had to privilege to shop during our Private Sale this season – Consignors, First Moms and special guests.
Saturday, March 31st,
from 10am to 2pm, ALL NON HIGHLIGHTED (donations) ITEMS originally priced $9 and under will be $1.00 and items that have NO HIGHLIGHT that are priced $10 and higher will be $5.00.
This should prove to be a great opportunity for our CONSIGNORS to sell more and SHOPPERS to save!!!
CONSIGNORS please NOTE:
To take advantage of this event you do not need to do anything more. Every item will remain on the floor during the DASH. Our shoppers will be given instructions that any item remaining without a highlight is included in the savings.
Consignors – It’s up to you if you choose to highlight your items. So consider this when tagging. If you plan on donating (not highlighting your cards), those items will automatically be part of Saturday’s DUCK DASH promotion. This will bring shoppers in one last time, giving ALL remaining items another chance to be seen and SOLD!
We get it.
Really, we do.
We are busy moms, too.
A four hour work shift at a consignment sale feels a little overwhelming for those of us trying to fit it in to caring for our kids, working, sports, housework, church activities, band practice, theater, homework…oh, and date night with Hubby? Seriously? It’s a lot. Being a mom is a lot of work, and Duck-Duck-Goose wants to make your life better, not worse!
But here’s the deal…all good things require a little sacrifice. For some, it just really isn’t possible. We totally understand. But for those who might be able to squeeze it in, let’s talk about why it’s worth it:
- There are the obvious things, like the fact that we waive most of your participation fee and enter your name into a drawing for a chance to win 100% of your earnings. You also get to shop early. Now, frankly, when we first started this event a few years ago, this wasn’t that big of a deal. The crowds weren’t too big, the line not that long and the deals did not go as fast. So if you came in to shop at the consignors’ sale, you were pretty good to go. But that is changing. The best deals (remember that incredible bike trailer for $25 last fall?!? Or the brand new train table with ALL the accessories that went for $75?!?) go to the workers who get to shop at 11am because they worked at least 3 shifts. And the best half price deals? Those go to the workers with 4 shifts, or those who work a sorting shift, because we really need those workers, and we reward them with the opportunity to shop early on Half Price Day. The bottom line is: when you work at Duck-Duck-Goose, you get better deals.
- The sale can’t run as efficiently as it does without workers. It’s that simple. We rely on our workers to get stuff done. More workers mean faster checkout, shorter lines, neater racks, cleaner aisles, and better security. Long lines can sometimes mean that people choose to leave rather than wait in line…that means they don’t buy your stuff. Neater racks mean that shoppers can find your stuff more easily. Better security keeps your stuff safer. Workers help us try to match missing tags with their items and get them back on the racks to sell. Without workers, your stuff might sit without a tag, not selling, for longer. Workers make sure your stuff doesn’t stay in the dressing room instead of on the racks. Workers make sure that shoppers can find what they are looking for, which just might be your stuff! The bottom line: When you work at Duck-Duck-Goose, you make the sale more efficient and you sell more stuff.
- But there are also less obvious benefits to working at Duck-Duck-Goose. One of the things we hear most often from our workers is “Now I get it!” or “So THAT’S why you tell us to do it that way!!”. When you work a sale, you get to see a different aspect of it and you understand the whole process better. Once you work at checkout, you will value barcodes that scan easily, handwriting that is legible, prices and consignor numbers that are easy to recognize. You also see what items sell the most, what prices sell and which ones don’t. Once you work the floor, you will greatly value the description and accurate sizes on the tags, and understand how much work it takes to keep the store neat and orderly. You will know where stuff is, and where to look when you are shopping. You pick up the items that have fallen in the floor, and you remember to make sure your stuff is pinned to the hangers. You match missing tags to items, and you realize that you want to write better descriptions for your own items next time. Spend a little time sorting and you will never forget to highlight correctly again. Work at checkout during our half price sale, and you will always remember to red dot your “No Discount” items, and vice versa. The bottom line is: when you work the sale, you understand how the sale works, and you can be much more efficient at both selling and buying.
- Another benefit to working a sale is that you get to spend time with people you didn’t know before. This might sound weird, but relationships are a big reason why we do what we do. We believe that God has called us to engage with others in a way that demonstrates Christ’s love and helps encourage them in their journey. We get the opportunity to hear the stories of cool things that are going on in our consignors’ families, as well as hear about opportunities to care for those families who are hurting and struggling. Our workers get to know a little more of that side of things, and it often serves to encourage them in their own efforts as they raise their children. For some, it’s simply an opportunity to spend 4 hours interacting with grown-ups for a change! Our workers often share tagging tipswith each other, parenting tips, etc. Best of all, it gives us the opportunity to get to know you better. Knowing who our consignors are, what’s important to them, etc., helps us to remember why we do what we do and how we can do it better. We often get our best advice/suggestions for improving the sale from our workers. The bottom line: Working at Duck-Duck-Goose can help build relationships, and relationships make our lives and the sale better!!
We value our workers and each hour they give us is appreciated. We hope you will consider helping Duck-Duck-Goose continue to raise the bar for consignment events in Western North Carolina, and add a work shift when you consign with us this season!
Worker schedule and sign up is online via our website and opens soon after the opening day of consignor registration. Click on the Workers tab and sign up!
Have you recently moved? Changed your email address? Got a new last name? If you would like to see what information we have for you in our system, CLICK HERE.
After logging in with your consignor number and password, notice a side link “Update My Account Information” on your Homepage. Click this link to make any necessary updates about yourself.
For all of you who dislike waiting in lines, we have a solution for you!
Don’t wait ………. DONATE!
Bring $10 to the next DK event and reserve your spot in line
while YOU continue to SHOP!
Here’s how it works…
Local charities and organizations will have volunteers onsite
to stand in line on your behalf… for a small donation ($10).
Imagine the freedom to shop and bring items back to your
“Duck-out-of-Line” volunteer… what a great way to give back!
You will be able to shop and bring your items back to your particular
“Duck-out-of-Line” volunteer. If they reach the front of the line
before your are finished shopping… have no fear…
they will be able to step aside at the front of the line.
When you’re ready, you will be next in line! It’s that simple.
NOTE: We are still taking volunteers from local youth groups, charities, or other organizations needing to raise support for their particular cause.
Volunteers will receive 100% of the profit from their collections.
It doesn’t get better than that! The longer you are able to stay…
the more you will be able to collect.
Times for participating are as follows:
Tuesday, March 27th - 4pm till 11pm
Wednesday, March 28th - 9:30am till 5pm
Friday, March 30th - 9:30 till 3pm
If you are interested in volunteering for Duck-out-of-Line please email us at DuckOutOfLine@dkdkgoose.com to begin the registration process.
All participants must be registered.
The deadline to register for our upcoming Spring event is Thursday, March 1st.