Go get your Stuff:
Stuff (stuf) n. – clothes, shoes, purses/bags, books, videos, CD’s, DVD’s, PS or Nintendo games & anything else teens might want.
- Clothing that is in current style and season.
- In season shoes
- Prom dresses & Formal wear
- Sports equipment (in season and good condition)
- Electronics (in working condition)
- Books, Games, Videos, CD’s and DVD’s
- Anything for teens that is in GREAT condition!
Stuff NOT accepted:
- Clothing with stains, rips, missing buttons or broken zippers.
- No out of style or out of season clothing.
- Toys, equipment or furniture with missing/non-functioning parts.
- Items that require batteries, MUST have batteries included.
Materials Needed For Tagging:
- 3 x 5 Index Cards
- Safety Pins
- Red marker: if not discounting
- Highlighter: if not donating (color is determined by the first letter of your last name; determine by using diagram below)
- Sandwich Bags
- Clear Packing Tape
- Order Barcode Stickers
Get your Friends and have a Tagging Slumber Party!!!
Tagging your Stuff:
- Place clothing on hangers with the hook turned left (see diagram 1.a below)
- Pants, shorts & skirts should be secured on hangers using safety pins
- (NO STRAIGHT PINS OR TINY GOLD SAFETY PINS ALLOWED)
- Give every item the TUGG test.
[Tested and (U won’t fall to the Ground) Garment].
- If it does you need to add more safety pins! Items do not sell if they have fallen under the racks or if they loose their tag. When in doubt PIN.
- 2 piece outfits: first, pin the bottoms to the hanger and place the shirt or jacket over top. (Pin both pieces to ensure the outfit stays together)
- Make sure clothing is clean and pressed if necessary
- Use ONLY 3×5 index cards to tag all items
- Place the 3×5 index card on the upper right side of the garment, attaching the card with a safety pin thru the bottom left corner of the card. (see diagram 2.a below)
- Each tag must be complete with your consignor #, size, price, description and barcode (see diagram 2.b below)
- TAG YOUR STUFF FIRST…KEEP A TALLY OF HOW MANY OF EACH DOLLAR AMOUNT YOU USED! THEN, ORDER BARCODES online.
The format below must be followed carefully!!!!
YES! The placement of the safety pin IS important!
Note: Do not place a pin anywhere else on the card. This slows down the check-out process.
- YOU MUST RED DOT NEXT TO TEH PRICE IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR STUFF TO GO 1/2 OFF ON 1/2 PRICE DAY!
NOTE THE STRIP TO THE RIGHT OF THIS SAMPLE CARD:
If you are NOT DONATING your items at the end of the sale you MUST HIGHLIGHT YOUR CARDS. Your highlight color will be determined by the first letter of your last name. Please refer to the example at the bottom of the page to determine your specific highlight color.
Pricing your Stuff:
- A general rule for pricing your item is to figure 30-40% of what you originally paid. The condition of the item will raise or lower that figure.
- Use only whole dollar increments (this means NO ITEMS under $1.00).
- Place a RED DOT next to the price if you DO NOT want your stuff to go ½ price!. During “half-price” day we emphasis items without a red dot will be half off. If your item’s barcode reads “No Disc” and there is no red dot, we have to honor what has been emphasized and give the item to them half off. Please remember to place a RED DOT next to the price if you want full price for your item on half price day.
Tagging your Shoes:
- SHOES MUST BE SUPER CLEAN!
- We will accept of your very best shoes. NO scuffs and worn out tennis shoes!
- Shoes must be appropriate to the season
- Tie laces together and place a safety pin thrugh them to secure tightly. On shoes without laces use the appropriate size zip-loc to keep them together. Another option is to use zip ties to hold shoes together. Our goal is to keep pairs together with its tag. Please use your best judgment to help make this possible.
Preparing Books, Videos, CD’s, DVD’s and Large Equipment & Furniture:
- After filling out your 3×5 index card as pictured above, place your index card in a sandwich bag.
- Tape the sandwich bag securely to each item leaving the zipper part of the bag untaped. This will make it easy to slip the card out at check-out. Use clear packaging tape only! This process will protect your card from being ripped or damaged by tape or others.
- Stuff having loose pieces should be placed in a zip-loc bag then attached to the item as securely as possible.
Conditions & Limitations:
- Please inspect your items closely before bringing them to the sell. Ask yourself if you would you buy this item again? Keep in mind that we reserve the right to refuse any item that does not meet our standards.
- Make sure toys, game consoles, etc. are super clean and in working condition.
Planning to pick-up your unsold items?
All consignors must highlight their tags if you plan to pick-up your unsold items. Use the chart below to find which color of highlighter to use. Example: If your last name begins with the letter “M” then you would use a yellow highlighter creating a band of color down the right side of each index card (notice the shaded area).