Materials Needed For Tagging
- Wire hangers
- White cardstock (8 ½ x 11)
- Safety Pins (large)
- Zip-loc-type storage bags
- Clear packing tape
- Access to a computer and printer
- 1/4″ orange curling ribbon (type used for gift wrapping). Used when consigning boutique items.
We want your items to sell! Clean and press if needed. Hang neatly. Pin items well so they do not fall of the hanger. Pin securely to prevent damage to your item or an adjacent item on the rack. The better your items are presented, the more likely they will sell – and sell for top dollar!
Follow these easy steps:
- Place clothing on hangers with the hook turned left, like a question mark (see diagram 1.a below).
- Pants, shorts & skirts should be secured on the top (angled) part of the hangers using medium to large safety pins. NO STRAIGHT PINS OR TINY GOLD SAFETY PINS ALLOWED.
- 2-piece outfits: It is best to safety pin the pants over the back of the shirt, and onto the hanger – please do not hang the pants inside the shirt. Pinning to the back allows shoppers to see your outfit more thoroughly. METAL HANGERS are preferred. A good resource for metal hangers is your local dry cleaners. Make sure clothing is clean and pressed if necessary.
- If you choose to use a tagging gun, please DO NOT attach tags to the sleeve of the garment, but rather to the right shoulder or collar. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!!!
Tagging your items has never been easier! Simply use the website to login as a consignor and produce your unique, barcoded tags. Enter the basic information about your items, print on cardstock, attach tags to each item. It’s that easy!
- Use the website to login and produce your unique barcode tags. Print the tags on white cardstock. The cardstock will help keep tags from ripping off during the sale. Place the barcode tag on the upper right side of the garment using a safety pin. Please position the pin horizontally at the top of the tag – making sure the pin goes in and back out through the tag. Again, this helps secure the tag to prevent tags from easily being torn from your item. The on-line tagging system ensures that your tags have ALL the information needed, including your consignor #, size, price, description, unique barcode, if your item can be discounted during the ½ price sale, and whether you would like to donate your item at the end of the sale. Your tags can be printed from your home computer at your convenience! Securing your tags will help sell your items. Please understand if anything loses a tag we cannot sell it. You may consider writing your consignor number on a piece of masking tape or sticky label and placing it inside your clothing items, on the bottom of toys, etc. This can help us identify who an item belongs to if it becomes separated from your tag.
The format below must be followed carefully.
- A general guideline for pricing your items is 30-40% of what you originally paid. The condition of the item may raise or lower that price.
- NO ITEMS under $3.00.
- SHOES MUST BE SUPER CLEAN!
- We will be accepting 10 (per gender) of your very best pair. (example: NO scuffs and worn out tennis shoes)
- Shoes must be appropriate to the season
- Infant and toddler shoes must be placed in zip-loc bags with tag placed inside bag.
- For larger size shoes: tie laces together and place a safety pin thru them to secure tightly. On shoes without laces use the appropriate size zip-loc to keep them together. Another option is to use zip ties to hold shoes together. Our goal is to keep matching pairs together. Please use your best judgment to help make this possible.
Preparing Toys, Books, Videos, Large Equipment & Furniture
- Place your barcode tag in a sandwich bag and/or use clear packaging tape to secure it to your item. This will help prevent your card from being ripped or damaged by tape or small children.
- If toys have loose pieces, the pieces should be placed in a zip-loc-type bag then attached to the item as securely as possible. (Just imagine 10 toddlers “testing” your item, and tape accordingly.) We cannot accept responsibility for lost or damaged pieces.
What you may consign with Duck-Duck-Goose
- Children’s clothing that is in current style and season
- Boys infant thru teens
- Girls infant thru teens
- In season shoes
- Maternity clothing that is in current style (all seasons) – MAXIMUM of 15 items
- All things for baby including furniture, equipment, bedding, strollers, pack-n-plays, etc.
- Pretend play, dress-up clothes and dolls
- Sports equipment (in season and good condition)
- Power wheels, riding toys, and Little Tykes equipment
- Toys for infants, toddlers thru teens
- Puzzles, books, boxed games, CD’s, DVD’s, all gaming systems (NO VHS TAPES)
- Anything for children and teens that is in GREAT condition
Items we will NOT accept:
- Clothing with stains, holes, missing buttons or broken zippers
- Clothing not in current style and current season
- T- shirts unless they are in excellent condition
- VHS tapes
- Toys, equipment or furniture with missing/non-functioning parts
- Car seats more than 5 years old (due to safety regulations)
- Items missing batteries, that require them to fully function (batteries must be included)
Conditions & Limitations
- Please inspect your items closely before bringing them to the sale. Ask yourself, “would I buy this again?” Keep in mind that we reserve the right to refuse any item that does not meet our standards.
- Make sure toys, strollers, play pens, etc., are super clean and in working condition.
- All toys must include all parts and those requiring batteries MUST have batteries
- Please check out this link for possible recalls on toys or equipment.
- We will accept no more than five (5) of your best stuffed animals (must be super clean and current).
- A maximum of ten (10) pair per gender of your BEST shoes will be accepted (sizes 13 and under must be in a zip-loc bag).
- A maximum of ten (10) of your BEST onesies will be accepted (must be in zip-loc bags). Remember, onesies that were bought in a bag should be sold in a bag (Gerber, Honors, etc.). You may place more than one in a bag and sell as a set. The total accepted per consignor is ten onesies.
- 10 of your BEST sleepers (must be in zip-loc bags) Nice sleepers sold originally on a hanger can be hung on hangers to consign and are not included in the 10 limit. Again – sleepers purchased in bags and multiple per bag should be packaged that way for consignment.
Great tip- Placing 2 to 4 of the same size onesies or sleepers in one bag can bring a higher price then trying to sell them individually.
Planning to pick-up your unsold items?
Please make sure when entering your tagging information on-line that you correctly indicate whether you wish to donate your unsold items or pick them up.