We have many charities that receive donations as a result of our sale. We try to meet a variety of needs. Last season there were many organizations that benefited from your giving.
- Please allow plenty of time to drop your items off. Plan for a minimum of 45 minutes processing time.
- To begin the process you will be expected to fill out a registration form.
- All items must go through quality control. Anything we find to be unacceptable will be pulled at our discretion.
- For more details check out DROP-OFF under the consignors section.
- You will receive your check when you pick-up your unsold items.
- If you don’t plan to come by on Pick-Up or Donate Day, your check will be mailed to you following the event. Please make sure your mailing address information is correct in your consignor registration.
- We accept major credit cards including VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
- Checks are not accepted at the sale.
- CASH is always preferred!!!!
- A general rule for pricing your items is to figure 30-40% of what you originally paid. The condition of the item will raise or lower this figure.
- Ask yourself “What is the most I would pay for this item?”
- We will not accept items priced less than $3.00.
- No. Our consignor numbers, tags and barcodes are unique for each consignor and specific to our sale. The only way we can give you credit for your item is by using our tagging method. Our tagging system is easy and efficient. Stick with us and your tagging will be simple!
- We sell items along with their hanger. You buy an item… you get a hanger!
- You do receive your hangers back on unsold items.
- Dry cleaners often recycle hangers
- Wal-mart, Target, Kmart and Dollar stores sell inexpensive hangers
Please do NOT use plastic hangers as they do not allow the items to be pinned easily and take up additional rack space. We want your items to SELL and making sure they are pinned neatly on the hangers will make your items look much better on the racks.
We define “onesies” as the snap-style shirts that you buy in a bag. Most moms use these as undershirts. The snap-style shirts you buy at Old Navy, GAP, Children’s Place, etc., that are used to create an outfit – these can be placed on hangers. Rule of Thumb: onesies that were bought in a bag should be sold in a bag (Gerber, Honors, etc.). You may choose to put 2 or 3 coordinating onesies in one zip-Loc to sell for one price. We limit ten (10) bags per consignor. There is no limit for those nicer onesies on hangers – just make sure they are seasonally appropriate.
What about sleepers? We use the same Rule of Thumb as “onsies”: sleepers that were bought in a bag should be sold in a bag (Gerber, Honors, etc.). You may choose to put 2 or 3 coordinating sleepers in one zip-Loc to sell for one price. We limit ten (10) bags per consignor. Better brands and sleeper outfits can be placed on a hanger on which there is no limit.
Yes! You can bring attention to your BOUTIQUE items by placing a small bow around the top of it’s hanger. We ask that you use 1/4″ orange curling ribbon. Your boutique items will be distinguished while placed among their appropriate sizes. The list below is some of the more popular boutique brands to consider:
- Baby Lulu
- Baby’s Trousseau
- Bon Bon
- Carriage Boutique
- Charlie Rocket
- Chez Ami
- Chicken Noodle
- Cottontail Originals
- Feltman Brothers
- Hannah Kate
- K.C. Parker
- Kelly’s Kids
- L’Amour shoes
- Le Top
- Luli & Me
- Matilda Jane
- Peaches ‘n Cream
- Petit Ami
- Rare Editions
- Sweet Potatoes
- Zaza couture
- Any brand purchased at a children’s boutique or home show
We accept all items relating to infants – teen and maternity. This includes clothing, toys, play yards, accessories, shoes, videos, books, etc. All items must be in excellent condition, in CURRENT style, and include batteries if needed. Please do not bring anything that is torn, stained or missing pieces. All items will go through a quality screening process.
Yes, there is a $10.00 participation fee that will be deducted from your final sales.
SAVE $5.00 if you work at least one four hour shift (see workers section for details)
You will receive 70% of the selling price from each item sold.
FAQ’s about Working
Remember, you can always employ family members (they must be 14 years or older) or friends to work shifts on your behalf. If this is not an option, please contact us to schedule a light duty shift. Your email subject should read, “light duty”. Please include your contact information, days of the week and times of the day that work for you. We will contact you.
If you are not consigning, you can still work and shop during the Private sale!
Here’s how it works… your first 4-hour shift will qualify you to shop during the consignor private sale. Each additional shift allows you to shop earlier. For example, 4 shifts will allow you to shop at 11:00am.
To ensure our shifts are covered, a deposit of $20 will be collected for every shift you sign up for that occurs following the private sale. A check can be made out to Duck-Duck-Goose and will be held until your last shift is complete. You may come by any scheduled drop-off day to pick-up your private sale pass.
Make it a date! Bring your spouse, significant other, grandparent, or just a friend and work a shift together. The one block of time is instantly doubled when you bring someone to work with you!
There are many “light duty” jobs that need to be done. If you are interested in the possibilities, please contact us to schedule a light duty shift. Your email subject should read, “light duty”. Please include your contact information, days of the week and time of the day that work for you. We will contact you.
There are a wide variety of shifts available. We are onsite for 3 weeks (this includes weekends and late nights). If you want to shop early and can’t find a shift that works, please contact us… We’re sure we can put you to work somewhere.
If your spouse works at least one of your shifts he/she will get a companion wristband to shop with you during the private sale.
If you choose to work back-to-back shifts, remember, you are required to complete 8 hours. You can plan to make up the extra time by staying later or coming in earlier for your shift as long as it is within scheduled hours for that day. Please let us know at drop-off if you are working back-to-back shifts. Understand we have to overlap our shifts so we can train our new group of workers, and so we are never left without help at any given time.
Ready… Set… Go to the workers section and SIGN-UP TODAY!
We need YOU!
Although you are not required to work to participate in our event, our event cannot run smoothly without you. We need to fill over 150 shifts. The more shifts you work, the earlier you get to shop!
Benefits to working:
- Shop earlier on our Private Sale Day
- Shop earlier on ½ Price Day (if you work 4 shifts or more)
- Save on registration
- Have the chance to win 100% of their sales!
- Enjoy meeting other Moms and Dads
- Not to mention…it’s a LOT OF FUN, too!