Materials Needed For Tagging:
- 3 x 5 Index Cards
- Safety Pins
- Red marker: if not discounting
- Highlighter: if not donating (color is determined by the first letter of your last name; use diagram below)
- Sandwich Bags
- Clear Packing Tape
- 1/4″ orange curling ribbon (type used for gift wrapping). Used when consigning boutique items.
- Tally sheet (only needed if you want us to print barcodes for you during drop-off)
- Avery® labels- Template 5160 or 8160
- Access to a computer and printer
- Order Barcodes to print from home
- Place clothing on hangers with the hook turned left (see diagram 1.a below)
- Pants, shorts & skirts should be secured on hangers using safety pins
- (NO STRAIGHT PINS OR TINY GOLD SAFETY PINS ALLOWED)
- Please give every item the TUGG test.
[Tested and (U won’t fall to the Ground) Garment].
- If it comes off the hanger, add more safety pins! Items do not sell if they have fallen under the racks or if they loose their tag. When in doubt use more PINS.
- 2 piece outfits: first, pin the bottoms to the hanger and place the shirt or jacket over top. (Pin both pieces to ensure the outfit stays together)
- Make sure clothing is clean and pressed if necessary.
- Please use junior hangers on 0-18 month clothing.
- Use ONLY 3×5 index cards to tag all items.
- Place the 3×5 card on the upper right side of the garment, attaching the card with a safety pin thru the bottom left corner of the card. (see diagram 2.a below)
- Each tag must be complete with your consignor #, size, price, description and barcode (see diagram 2.b below)
- Your barcodes will be ordered online and printed from your home computer using Avery® 5160 or 8160 labels. For details and check out this link.
The format below must be followed carefully!!!!
A good suggestion is to use reinforcement circles or tape in the corner of each card before inserting the safety pin.
Securing your tags will help sell your items. Please understand if anything looses a tag we can not sell it.
NOTE THE STRIP TO THE RIGHT OF THIS SAMPLE CARD:
If you are NOT DONATING your items at the end of the sale you MUST HIGHLIGHT YOUR CARDS. Your highlight color will be determined by the FIRST LETTER of your LAST NAME. Colored cards are not a replacement for the highlight. If you choose to use a colored card and you are not donating your unsold items, you must highlight your cards. Please refer to the example at the bottom of the page to determine your specific highlight color.
- A general rule for pricing your item is to figure 30-40% of what you originally paid. The condition of the item will raise or lower that figure.
- Use only whole dollar increments (this means NO ITEMS under $1.00).
- Place a RED DOT next to the price if you DO NOT want this item to be discounted during the ½ price sale. During “half-price” day we emphasis items without a red dot will be half off. If your item’s barcode reads “No Disc” and there is no red dot, we must honor what has been emphasized and give the customer the item at half off. PLEASE REMEMBER to place a RED DOT next to the price if you want FULL PRICE for your item on HALF PRICE DAY
- SHOES MUST BE SUPER CLEAN!
- We will be accepting 10 of your very best pair. (example: NO scuffs and worn out tennis shoes)
- Shoes must be appropriate to the season
- Infant and toddler shoes must be placed in zip-loc bags with tag placed inside bag.
- For larger size shoes: tie laces together and place a safety pin thru them to secure tightly. On shoes without laces use the appropriate size zip-loc to keep them together. Another option is to use zip ties to hold shoes together. Our goal is to keep matching pairs together. Please use your best judgment to help make this possible.
Preparing Toys, Books, Videos, Large Equipment & Furniture:
- After filling out your 3×5 index card as pictured above, Place the card in a sandwich bag .
- Use clear packaging tape only! This process will protect your card from being ripped or damaged by tape or small children.
- Toys having loose pieces should be placed in a zip-loc bag then attached to the item as securely as possible. (Imagine 10 toddlers surrounding your item, tape accordingly. We are not responsible for lost or damaged pieces.)
What you may consign with Duck-Duck-Goose?
- Children’s Clothing that is in current style and season.
- Boys infant thru teens
- Girls infant thru teens
- In season shoes
- Maternity: current style; (all seasons)
- All things for baby: furniture, equipment, bedding, strollers, pack-n-plays, Etc.
- Pretend play, dress-up clothes and dolls
- Sports equipment (in season and good condition)
- Power wheels, riding toys, and Little Tykes equipment
- Toys for infants, toddlers thru teens
- Puzzles, Books, Boxed Games, CD’s, DVD’s, All gaming systems
- Anything for children and teens that is in GREAT condition!
Items we will NOT accept:
- Clothing with stains, holes, missing buttons or broken zippers.
- No out of date clothing will be accepted.
- T- shirts unless they are in excellent condition.
- Toys, equipment or furniture with missing/non-functioning parts.
- Items missing batteries, that require them to fully function (Batteries must be included).
Conditions & Limitations:
- Please inspect your items closely before bringing them to the sell. Ask yourself, “would I buy this again?” Keep in mind that we reserve the right to refuse any item that does not meet our standards.
- Make sure toys, strollers, play pens, etc. are super clean and in working condition.
- All toys must include all parts and those requiring batteries MUST have batteries.
- Car seats more than 5 years old will not be accepted due to safety regulations.
- Please check out this link for possible recalls on toys or equipment.
- 5 of your best stuffed animals (must be super clean and current).
- 10 pair per child of your BEST shoes (sizes 13 and under must be in a zip-loc bag).
- 10 of your BEST onesies (must be in zip-loc bags). Note: Onesies that were bought in a bag should be sold in a bag (Gerber, Honors, etc.).
- 10 of your BEST sleepers (must be in zip-loc bags)
PLEASE NOTE: Onesies and Sleepers that were bought in a bag should be sold in a bag (Gerber, Honors, Etc.).
Great tip- Placing 2 to 4 of the same size onesies or sleepers in one bag can bring a higher price then trying to sell them individually.
Planning to pick-up your unsold items?
You must highlight your tags if you plan to pick-up your unsold items.
Use the chart below to find which color of highlighter to use. Example: If your LAST NAME begins with the letter “M” then you would use a yellow highlighter creating a band of color down the right side of each index card (notice the shaded area).
Please check FAQ’s for other questions, or you may contact us!